Risk and Security Governance
MODULE TYPE: SDG11
The goal of the module is to aquire knowledge about risk notion in social theory, to understand interdiciplinary approaches in social analysis of risk, to undestand the threats and possiblities of technological development; to get aquainted with inadequaces of risk distribution in various social groups, to be able to characterize the problems of risk regulation and governance assuring sustainable development and solving human security problems.
• Able to characterize sociological, psychological and cultural aspects of the notion of risk in social theory; know and understand various theories, analysing the impact of risk upon contemporary societies.
• Able to apply the conceptual framework of risk governance for the analysis of particular risk cases.
• Able to analyse the inadequacies in distribution of environmental and technological risks (among countries of different developmental levels, among different social strata, etc.).
• Able to discuss how mass and social media is constructing and influencing the knowledge and attitudes towards technological, environmental, social risks at local and global level.
• Able to examine the differences of expert and lay risk perceptions; and the prospects of society to participate in the decision making about risky activities in various fields; get acquainted with local and international agreements solving the problems from environmental, technological, and social threats.
Module level: Basic
Degree level: Master
Study mode: Online
SDG11 Theme: Resilient Communities
Open to Life Long Learners: Yes
Starting date: 01.02.2022
Finishing date: 15.06.2022
Enrollment period: 10.12.2021 to 20.01.2022