Environmental and Resource Use Challenges-746A61
MODULE TYPE: SDG11
The course provides a basic understanding of environmental changes and challenges induced by energy consumption, industrial processes as well as water and land use. It will also illustrate how knowledge of such changes is formed through advanced modelling and construction of scenarios. The course will provide an elaborated understanding of the driving forces behind, and potential solutions to, environmental changes. Through the multidisciplinary approach, the linkages between the nature and the society will be focused upon from both a natural sciences and social sciences perspective.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for dynamics, change and challenges based on knowledge and understanding of environmental systems contextualized in history and in future scenarios
- to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key perspectives in international negotiations regarding water and energy-related issues;
- show how environmental challenges are linked to consumption patterns, resource use and demographic change;
- show knowledge and understanding of key technological developments regarded as possible solutions to certain environmental challenges, but also how technology may be identified as the source of environmental problems;
- communicate environmental issues orally and in text.
Module level: Advanced
Degree level: Master
Study mode: Normaly campus based, TBA for the autumn semester
SDG11 Theme: Circular economy, Energy and Sustainablity
Starting date: September 27, 2021
Finishing date: October 31, 2021
Enrollment period: Autumn period 15/3 - 15/6
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree/kandidatexamen (equivalent for example a professional degree) of at least 180 ECTS credits, including a 15 ECTS credit degree paper or equivalent. Relevant background is studies within natural science, social science, health science, humanities or engineering that relate to the environmental, social or economic aspects of sustainable development.
Documented knowledge of English equivalent to Engelska B/Engelska 6.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.