Träullit - an environmentally friendly and recyclable building material
Träullit is a traditional family business, founded in 1946 by Lennart Rääf. Today it is led by Bengt Rääf. Since then, the company has manufactured wood wool panels and slabs, and now also exterior walls. Wood wool spruce is a fantastic material sprung from our nature, joined with pure cement. Our head office and factory is located in Österbymo in southern Östergötland. https://www.traullit.se/
Our mission is to develop, manufacture and sell the best products of cement-bound wood wool. Its properties provide excellent heat insulation, high heat storage capacity, good sound absorption, documented high resistance to fire, mould and rot. It is also a mechanically strong material. Click here to go to our archive and watch movies about Träullit: https://www.traullit.se/video/
We have a fantastic product with many excellent properties and with great development potential. We want to think more circularly. Today we got lots of waste material when cutting the wood wool blocks. What can we use the waste for? We also want to find other uses for our material. Can it be covered with something that e.g. gives energy? Can we get an even better product with a new design? Something big is hidden in the product, and we want help finding that!
Deadline for application: 2022-01-14
This project is part of a cross-disciplinary course at Linköping University and gives 8 ECTS. It is a part-time course (25 %), lasts for one semester and includes about 215 hours of work. After completing the course, a diploma will be awarded.
ECIU students applying for this project will also apply to the inGenious course but via a particular admission system (MoveOn). A senior coordinator at Linköping University will contact ECIU students for more information.
Read more about the course here: https://liu.se/en/education/course/799g52
The course includes nine (9) compulsory course elements including five (5) group assignments and one (1) individual reflection assignment.
- KICK OFF, Tuesday, January 18th, TIME: 13:00 – 17:00
- SUBMISSION OF CONTRACTS, DEADLINE, Monday, January 31st, TIME: 08:00
- WORKSHOP - "SHITTY PROTOTYPING", Thursday, February 3rd, TIME: 13:00 – 16:00
- SUBMISSION OF PROJECT PLANS, DEADLINE, Friday, February 11th, TIME: 08:00
- THE ART OF PITCHING (Seminar), Wednesday, February 16th, TIME: 13.00 – 16.00
- NO SLIDE 1-MINUTE-PITCH, Tuesday, Mars 2nd, TIME: 09:00 – 12:00
- PITCH-TRAINING [3 minutes with slides], Monday, Mars 28th, TIME: 08:00 – 17:00
- SUBMISSION OF RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION CHAPTER, DEADLINE, Wednesday, Mars 30th, TIME: 08:00
- RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION SEMINAR, Thursday, Mars 31st, TIME: 09.00 – 12.00 LOCATION:
- 3-MINUTE-PITCH, Monday, April 11th, TIME: 9.00 – 12:00
- SUBMISSION OF GROUP DYNAMICS REFLECTION, DEADLINE Thursday, April 14th, TIME: 08:00
- PITCH-TRAINING [5 minutes], Tuesday, May 3rd, TIME: 08.00 – 17:00
- GRADUATION EVENT, 5-MINUTE-PITCH, Tuesday, May 17th, TIME: 13:00 – 17:00
- SUBMISSION PROJECT REPORT, DEADLINE, Friday, May 20th, TIME: 08.00
- SUBMISSION OF INDIVIDUAL REFLECTION, DEADLINE, Tuesday, May 24th, TIME: 08.00
If you have any questions about the course or the project, please contact Cia Lundvall, firstname.lastname@example.org