The course will be held in the II period starting 24th of October. The course will offer opportunity for students to gain knowledge of solar energy, solar cells, solar fuel and artificial photosynthesis. Part of the course will be resolving a challenge. The challenge will be solved in teams.
- Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the present energy scenario and explain the need for energy conversion and storage.
- Outline the fundamental principles of solar energy conversion.
- List and explain the various technologies that are used to harness the potential of solar energy (e.g., photovoltaics, solar fuels, storage).
- Explain the function of on the individual components involved in the utilization of solar energy with a focus on the chemistry of the materials.
- Analyze the environmental aspects of solar energy-driven applications.
Chemistry for engineers 1, Chemistry for engineers 2 and Organic Chemistry
or Laaja Kemia 1, Laaja kemia 2 and Orgaaninen kemia
Degree level: Bachelor to Ph.D. students
Application Form: Please fill this form to apply. If you have any questions about applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.