GIS & Remote sensing for sociatel challenges
MODULE TYPE: SDG 11 – Transport and Mobility
In this summer course, you will learn how to build professional maps or how to process satellite and drone images. In this summer course, you will be divided into teams to tackle real-life challenge together with experts from their fields. This course is offered as a part of CuriousU summer school at the University of Twente.
- Realize when a problem requires spatio-temporal data for its solution.
- Understand the spatial and temporal components of a problem.
- Discretize the problem into selected spatial and temporal components and interlace them.
- Assign one or more data collection/s or data source/s to each component.
- Retrieve (web) or collect (fieldwork) the required data.
- Subject the data to screening or quality control.
- Process or analyze the data to solve the component/s.
- Ensemble the solved components into a GIS environment to built up the project aiming to the solution of the problem (or, in simple form, creating a map)
- Elaborate the dedicated output/s adapted to the client needs.
Module level: Basic
Degree level: Bachelor / Master
Study mode: On Campus
SDG11 Theme: Transport and Mobility
Starting date: 14 August 2022
Finishing date: 23 August 2022
Enrolment period: From 4 July 2022 to 11 August 2022
Participation Form: Please fill in this form to apply for the course.
Additional Information: There is limited seating for this course, therefore a selection process will be followed based on motivation.
Mobility: The course also includes physical mobility and presence at the University of Twente. The learners who will secure a place in this course will not pay a tuition fee; they however need to reach out to their local ECIU officer to ask for the possibility of financial support for travelling.