Climate Change Mitigation Technologies
MODULE TYPE: SDG11
The goal of the module is to develop skills in analysing the causes of climate change and apply technological and organizational measures to reduce, manage and adapt to climate change.
• Able to define how human activities are affecting the radiative energy balance in the atmosphere.
• Able to clarify climate change in the past, current and in the future.
• Able to summarize how to assess climate change observations, modelling, and attribution for every continent.
• Able to offer measures for adaptation to climate change and technologies for carbon capture, storage, and use.
• Able to identify what impact climate change will have in the future for sea-level rise on ecosystems, water resources, agriculture and food security, human health, coastal and low-lying regions and industry and settlements.
• Able to compare approaches to mitigating and avoiding climate change.
Module level: Advanced
Degree level: Masters
Study mode: Mixed
SDG11 Theme: Energy and sustainability
Open to Life Long Learners: Yes
Starting date: 01.02.2022
Finishing date: 15.06.2022
Enrolment period: From 10.12.2021 to 20.01.2022