MODULE TYPE: Transversal Competencies
The idea is very simple: a group of language learners meet once a week in a virtual meeting room to talk about different topics in an informal athmosphere and thus improve their language skills. In addition to language acquisition, the focus is on getting to know people from different cultural backgrounds and developing intercultural understanding. For participation a language level of at least A2 is required.
The Language Cafés are led by native speakers (language guides) who function as conversational partners and support. The language guides work on a voluntary basis.
Language Cafés are usually held once a week for one hour (60 min) per session.
There are therefore two ways to take part in the Language Cafe Program:
1. As a language guide: leading conversations in their native language, helping with grammar and vocabulary and thereby supporting other students who wish to learn languages in an informal setting.
2. As a participant: improving their own language skills in speaking and listening.
• Improving language skills in listening comprehension and speaking.
• Developing intercultural competences
• Meeting students from different universities / cultural backgrounds
• Developing skills in leading a group (language guides)
Module level: Basic
Degree level: Bachelor & Master & Doctor
Study mode: Hybrid
SDG11 Theme: Language Learning
Open to Life Long Learners: Yes
Starting date: October 2022
Finishing date: January 2023
Additional Information: Participation is only possible in digital language cafés. Whether a language café will take place digitally or face-to-face will be announced in good time.
Participation Info: Please fill this document and send it to the admission-contact person: email@example.com