Organizing for novelty, creativity and innovation - SOI-044
The course will drive students through the distinction between novelty, creativity and innovation by defining the key characteristics pointed out in the literature. Particular attention will be devoted to discuss the role of randomness and intentionality in the process of novelty generation and to analyze old and new organizational, inter-organizational and non-organizational forms and strategies for searching for directed and emergent novelty. Teamwork activities will ease the investigation of key literature and the elaboration of implications for the generation of novelty, creativity and innovation. Students will be asked to engage in readings and in teamwork.
- Novelty, creativity and innovation: are they all the same?
- Is it possible and how can we organize to generate them?
- To what extent can the generation of novelty, creativity and innovation be engineered (i.e.
designed and controlled)?
- What is the role of luck and randomness in their generation and how can the process of their
emergence be directed and intentional?
- New organizational, inter-organizational and non-organizational forms and strategies for
searching for directed and emergent novelty. Problem crowdsourcing and open innovation.
Providing students with the distinctive elements of novelty, creativity
- Deriving organizational and strategic implications for their generation.
- Defining the key characteristics of problem crowdsourcing and open innovation.
Module level: Basic
Degree level: Bachelor / Master / Doctoral
Study mode: Online
Starting date: 26 October 2021
Finishing date: 3 November 2021
Enrollment period: 9 August-26 September 2021
Link to the course description: http://www.soi.unitn.it/courses/organizing-for-novelty-creativity-and-innovation/
Participation form: Please fill this document and send it to the admission-contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Info: Make sure you also apply here: https://webapps.unitn.it/Apply/en/MyUnitn/Home/32281/serv-studenti/Sel_SoI2021