Design Thinking - From idea to reality (2nd edition)
MODULE TYPE: SDG11 / TRANSVERSAL
The workshop "From idea to reality" is a training guide that seeks to help people in the process of analysis, concretion, and materialization of ideas to transform them into real projects. We will use the Design Thinking methodology, a methodology characterized by its level of playfulness, organization, creativity, and success in levels of knowledge transfer. First, we will see with a concrete example, how an idea is fed by the "Design Thinking" process until it becomes an award-winning project with international impact, and later we will enter the co-creative phase, going through the various phases of this methodology (Empathizing, Definition, Ideation, Prototyping, Testing). In addition, to align with the challenge resolution methodology, we will demonstrate the challenge Based learning in the initial process and the Transfer and Applicability processes in the final part of the methodological development for the projects. Furthtermore, tools are provided for the development of innovation processes in teaching, research, or transfer.
Know and apply the general work methodology from the Challenge based perspective and the development of the project from Design thinking.
- Know the methodology and show real examples.
- Know the use of Design Thinking tools.
- Know the use of tools from the Maker spaces.
- Learn about the importance of co-creative processes.
Day 1 - November 21 from 13:00 to 16:00:
- Explanation of the general structure of Design Thinking and approach to real project examples.
- Explanation of the Design Thinking ToolBook to develop projects and participatory work around the creation of new ideas.
Day 2 - November 22 from 13:00 to 16:00:
- Participatory work in the use of the tools of the Empathization, Definition and Ideation phases of Design Thinking, in order to obtain tools to understand how to identify our targets, how to extract valuable insights and how to transform this information into triggers for new ideas.
Day 3 – November 24 from 13:00 to 17:00:
- Participatory work around Prototyping, Testing and the final presentation of projects.
- Explanation about the various types of prototypes that exist and various tools to generate the final visualization of ideas.
- Creation of a presentation structure for our idea and explain how it could be tested and iterated on changes to finally create a minimum viable product.
- Sample of the final ideas of the participants.
Module level: Basic
Degree level: Bachelor
Study mode: Online
SDG11 Theme: Transversal
Participation Form: The admission is currently possible for learners from ECIU partner universities. Please fill this document and send it to the admission-contact person: email@example.com