Circular Design Strategies - W240M010
MODULE TYPE: TRANSVERSAL
The goal of the module is to provide knowledge about circular design strategies, develop the ability to apply them in designing high added value, physical and emotional durability products.
- Able to explain about the types of circular design strategies and the purpose of these strategies in the development of durable products.
- Able to create long-lasting products that people love and trust, thus avoiding product emotional obsolescence.
- Able to create resistant, physically durable products, select smart materials, thus avoiding product obsolescence in terms of functionality.
- Able to avoid product obsolescence caused by rapidly changing manufacturing technologies and systems by designing product components and interfaces suitable for other products to achieve versatility and modularity.
- Able to reduce functional wear and tear of products through simple repair solutions and the supply of spare parts.
- Able to prevent systemic product obsolescence, and extend product life through alternative uses, taking into account the changing needs of the user.
- Able to prevent systematic product obsolescence by designing products and parts so that they are easy to disassemble and reassemble, thus anticipating the reuse and recycling of product components and materials at an early stage of product development.
Module level: Advanced
Degree level: Masters
Study mode: On campus
Starting date: 1 September 2021
Finishing date: 15 January 2022
Enrollment period: 15 August 2021