InGenious - Cross Disciplinary Project - 799G52
MODULE TYPE: SDG11 / TRANSVERSAL
During the course, the students work in teams that are expected to independently develop a cross disciplinary project that meets a challenge posed by an external client. The work is interdisciplinary and the framework of the challenges leaves room for interpretation, this requires that the students are inquisitive and show initiative.
This project is part of a cross-disciplinary course at Linköping University and gives 8 ECTS. It is a part-time course (25 %), lasts for one semester and includes about 215 hours of work. After completing the course, a diploma will be awarded.
Read more about the course here: https://liu.se/studieinfo/en/kurs/799g52/ht-2021.
The course includes nine (9) compulsory course elements, five (5) group assignments and one (1) individual reflection assignment.
- KICK OFF/COURSE START. Tuesday, August 31st, 13:00 – 17:00
- WORKSHOP - "SHITTY PROTOTYPING". Thursday, September 16th, 13.00-17.00
- THE ART OF PITCHING – SEMINAR. Thursday, October 7th, 09.00-12.00
- NO SLIDE 1-MINUTE-PITCH. Wednesday, October 13th. Group 1 at 08:00 – 12:00. Group 2 at 13.00-17.00
- PITCH-TRAINING (3 minutes). Monday, November 2nd. Group 1 at 08.00-12.00, Group 2 at 13.00-17.00
- RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION SEMINAR. Wednesday, November 10th, 08.00 – 12.00
- 3-MINUTE-PITCH. Friday, November 26th, 09.00 – 12:00
- PITCH-TRAINING (5 minutes). Group 1: Monday, December 6th Group 2: Tuesday, December 7th
- GRADUATION EVENT (including 5-minutes-pitch). Thursday, December 16th, 10:00-14:00
After completed course the student should be able to:
- Conduct a cross-disciplinary project as part of a team
- Formulate research questions independently and contribute with relevant knowledge and skills in the work process
- Discuss and communicate solutions to external parties such as clients and other stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Reflect on group processes and group dynamics in collaboration with other professions
- Reflect on the work process and team dynamics from different perspectives such as business, sustainability and an ethical perspective
Module level: Basic/Advanced
Degree level: Bachelor / Master
Study mode: Online Autumn 2021
SDG11 Theme: Valid for all
Starting date: Autumn: August 31st
Finishing date: Autumn: December 16th
Enrollment period: From April 15st to May 15th
Additional Info: The number of students is limited to 40 per semester.