Prevent damage to properties due to climate change-related events
Länsförsäkringar Östgöta is an insurance company owned by its customers in Östergötland. Their roughly 230,000 customers are the company’s sole owners, and the profit is divided through rebates and societal investments. At the top of the organization is a council, where 72 completely ordinary customers sit who are involved and influence the company's future.
Länsförsäkringar Östgöta sees a major challenge in the ever-changing climate and how it will affect property owners in Östergötland in the future. The insurance company already sees that an increasing number of properties have been affected by climate change-related events, such as floods and heat damage. Natural disasters like floods are becoming more common and leading to high costs for property owners and insurance companies in Sweden. Heat waves lead to an increased risk of fire, elevated indoor temperatures, and property damage.
One organization may not be able to stop climate change, but perhaps we can find a way together to prevent the damage it causes to the insurance company clients' properties. How do we prevent damage from affecting properties as the temperature rises? How can we prevent floods from harming the foundation of the buildings? Länsförsäkringar Östgöta wants you to find a smart, sustainable solution to one of all the climate-related challenges. By taking on this challenge, you will contribute to society and give individual property owners opportunities to meet the challenges ahead.
Deadline for application: 20230113
This project is part of a cross-disciplinary course at Linköping University and gives 8 ECTS. It is a part-time course (25 %), lasts for one semester and includes about 215 hours of work. It is possible for an ECIU student to apply for funds to come to Linköping University in connection with our Graduation Event. After completing the course, a diploma will be awarded.
ECIU students applying for this project will also apply to the inGenious course but via a particular admission system (MoveOn). A senior coordinator at Linköping University will contact ECIU students for more information.
Read more about the course here: https://liu.se/en/education/course/799g52. If you have questions about the course, please contact facilitator Cia Lundvall at Linköping University, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course includes nine (9) compulsory course elements, five (5) group assignments and one (1) individual reflection assignment:
- KICK OFF, Wednesday, January 25th . TIME: 09:00 – 12:00
- SUBMISSION OF CONTRACTS. DEADLINE. Friday, February 3rd. TIME: 08:00
- WORKSHOP - "SHITTY PROTOTYPING"/Mural. Wednesday, February 8th. TIME: 13:00 – 16:00
- SUBMISSION OF PROJECT PLANS. DEADLINE. Thursday February 16th. TIME: 08:00
- THE ART OF PITCHING SEMINAR. Monday, February 20th. TIME: 09.00 – 12.00
- NO SLIDE 1-MINUTE-PITCH. Tuesday, February 28th. TIME: 09:00 – 12:00
- PITCH-TRAINING [3 minutes with slides]. Monday, Mars 27th TIME: 08:00 – 17:00 (mandatory between 08.00 and 10.00)
- SUBMISSION OF RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION CHAPTER. DEADLINE. Tuesday, April 4th. TIME: 08:00
- RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION SEMINAR. Wednesday, April 5th. TIME: 09.00 – 12.00
- 3-MINUTE-PITCH. Monday April 17th. TIME: 9.00 – 12:00
- SUBMISSION OF GROUP DYNAMICS REFLECTION. DEADLINE. Thursday, April 27th. TIME: 08:00
- PITCH-TRAINING [5 minutes]. Friday, May 5th. TIME: 08.00 – 17:00
- GRADUATION EVENT, 5-MINUTE-PITCH [LIVE]. Tuesday, May 16th. TIME: 09:00 – 13:00. LOCATION: Lövverket, Campus Valla, Linköping
- SUBMISSION PROJECT REPORT. DEADLINE. Monday May 22nd. TIME: 08.00
- SUBMISSION OF INDIVIDUAL REFLECTION. DEADLINE. Thursday, May 25th. TIME: 08.00