Use bioconversion to feed and preserve the world in a sustainable way
About The Challenge
The European insect industry is on the rise and France is a key player in its development. Agronutris has chosen to breed the black soldier fly, a competitive and promising insect that can valorize a wide range of agro-industrial by-products while having a quite short growth cycle.
Agronutris has acquired an experience on the biological factors (mating, laying, hatching, growth, metamorphosis...) and technical factors (temperature, hygrometry, density, gas release, air treatment...), and while the environmental performances of insect farming have already been proven, some key points of improvement have been identified. The company has already made an LCA (lifecycle assessment) of its products, which has highlighted the major working areas.
The challenge will consist in improving its environmental impact.
Application deadline: 30th September 2022
Average workload and responsibilities:
3 Hours per week: Meetings, group work, classes, presentations, other.
Credit type: ECIU certificate and ECTS from INSA Toulouse
The project will be run over a ten-week period:
W40: Kick-off - October the 3rd
W44: First interim presentation
W48: Second interim presentation
W50: Closing event
This challenge may include a short mobility experience in Toulouse for the final presentation of the students at the end of the challenge (pending to be confirmed).
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- understand the design thinking principles in the context of an innovation project
- be able to test ideas with different target groups
- be able to consider the user perspective when resolving challenges
- be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international team
- be able to challenge your own thinking and trust your team
- be able to communicate with and for the society (challenge provider or another stakeholder)
- be able to design your own learning outcomes in regard of the challenge
- be able to reflect on the learning process
- receive feedback about your strengths, competencies, and expertise
- be able to pitch your solution in English