A sustainable healthcare centre on Costa del Sol
The professional staffing company IDoc, based in Norrköping, was founded and run by their healthcare staff. Since 2013, IDoc has manned the Swedish healthcare sector with licensed staff. The company wants to start a healthcare business on the Costa del Sol in Spain, to meet the growing need for healthcare among tourists and senior Scandinavian citizens who live in the country for the whole or part of the year. If they become ill abroad, these patient groups may have difficulty knowing where to turn. If you are older, you also may have trouble expressing yourself in English or the host country's language. Idoc wants to find a solution that benefits both the patients and the healthcare sector in Sweden.
IDoc has a strong customer focus. The company wants to offer a comprehensive health services chain, from the first meeting to treatment and follow-up. What needs may exist, and how can the business be designed to meet those needs? IDoc also focuses on environmental issues, which must be integrated into the business. How do you design a healthcare business where the sustainability perspective is an important part? Here you have the opportunity to find a solution to one or more of the challenges that IDoc faces - What does a sustainable healthcare centre of the future look like?
Deadline for application: 2022-08-15
This project is part of a cross-disciplinary course at Linköping University and gives 8 ECTS. It is a part-time course (25 %), lasts for one semester and includes about 215 hours of work. After completing the course, a diploma will be awarded.
ECIU students applying for this project will also apply to the inGenious course but via a particular admission system (MoveOn). A senior coordinator at Linköping University will contact ECIU students for more information.
Read more about the course here: https://liu.se/en/education/course/799g52
The course includes nine (9) compulsory course elements, five (5) group assignments and one (1) individual reflection assignment.
- KICK-OFF/COURSE START. Tuesday, August 31st, 13:00 – 17:00
- WORKSHOP - "SHITTY PROTOTYPING". Monday, September 12th, 13.00-17.00
- THE ART OF PITCHING – SEMINAR. Wednesday, October 5th, 09.00-12.00
- NO SLIDE 1-MINUTE-PITCH. Thursday, October 13th, 08.00-12.00
- PITCH-TRAINING (3 minutes). Monday, October 31st, 08:00 – 17:00
- RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION SEMINAR. Thursday, November 10th, 09.00 – 12.00
- 3-MINUTE-PITCH. Wednesday, November 23rd, 13.00 – 17:00
- PITCH-TRAINING (5 minutes). Monday, December 5th, 08.00 – 17:00
- GRADUATION EVENT (including 5-minutes-pitch). Tuesday, December 13th, (08.00) 09:00 – 13:00. This event will be on-site at Campus Valla, Linköping.