Help SMEs play the Innovation game
The challenge provider, DIH TAA, is a regional centre of excellence in support of companies to guide them in the digital transformation with 4.0 innovation services.
This institutional player aims to trigger diffusion processes of I4.0 technologies across the population of SMEs embedded in the local production system. Depending on how SMEs seize the technological opportunities as well as minimise the related threats, the local system may embark on new paths of development and sustainable growth.
DIHT (DIH Trentino) helps SMEs be ready for the innovation game. Let’s help DIHT be more effective!
- Readiness Paradox: Readiness allows SMEs to enter a virtuous cycle of I4.0 learning processes. However, SMEs have generally low levels of absorptive capacity during technological waves. This prevents the ability of a small firm to recognize the value of new, external information, assimilate it, and apply it to commercial ends. In this regard, DIHT aims to play as a bridge of innovation and compensate for the low readiness of the local SMEs during the I4.0 technological wave. In this regard, we would like to increase the engagement of less ready firms to increase the impact of our bridging actions.
Using tools delivered during the first part of the regular classes, and with lots of creativity, strategic reasoning, analytic work and readiness to develop an implementable project, students will be guided by the teamcher to the delivery of a sound final project for each participating team that will compete for the final victory.
We’ll include an innovative learning assessment for the in three main actors of this challenge: students, Teamcher and challenge provider, who are considered as learners.
The Assessment will be co-designed with these three targets, starting from their learning needs and expectations (which will be their learning goals) and will be guided by the principles of self-directed learning, the reflective perspective, and the integration of summative with formative assessment.
Make a difference in the approach of DIHT to SMEs in order to facilitate their participation in the innovation game and contribute to the development of the local ecosystem.
SMEs in the Trentino region.
Expectations from students
First part (classes): participate actively
Second part (challenge): work in teams, average workload 1,5 hours per day for five days a week for five weeks)
● Deadline for application: September 29, 2021
● Period: October 11 to November 19, 2021
- October 11-20: 8 hrs of Innovation Ecosystem (compulsory online Micromodule)
- Wed 20 Oct: Challenge Kick-off with the Challenge provider (student attendance is compulsory)
- Oct 20-Nov-2: Team work (Teams work on the challenge), mentorship on demand
- Mon Nov 2: Students present their Scenarios, Teamcher and Challenge Provider attend (student attendance is compulsory)
- Nov 3-12: Team work (Teams work on the challenge), mentorship on demand
- Nov 14: Arrival to Trento
- Nov 14-19: Team work (Teams work on the challenge), mentorship on demand
- Nov 19 : FINAL EVENT in Trento (student attendance is compulsory)
Structure of challenge: Online in the first period, in presence in Trento for the last week
Expected Class size: 12-20 participants, to be divided into 3-5 teams
Activities: interaction with the challenge provider, teamcher, mentors, teammates, other stakeholders. No traditional classes