Future Energy Hack
Title of challenges
1- Reducing emission and creating positions
2- Autonomy challenge
Future Energy Hack is a case competition where students spend a weekend solving challenges under the mentorship of people from the university, industry, and the public sector. The overarching topic of the challenges should be to “reduce emissions and create new positions and “Autonomy challenges.”
Challenge and expected impact
Byverkstedet wants to create an organization that is open and inviting to many. To be able to do that, we need to clearly communicate to the citizens that we exist and that we want to create community through our platform. The students will be able to investigate what constitutes democracy practically and how real changes in the city can be made from the bottom and up.
Addressing SDG11 and solving the challenges to help create sustainable cities and communities need the participation of all citizens. Students as dynamic and knowledgeable groups of citizens can play a crucial role in solving the challenges. Emission and autonomy are two main challenges that all cities are facing these days.
Expectations from students
Students are expected to show up with an open mind and the capability to cooperate. The challenge providers from Grønn by, Nordic Edge, Forus Næringspark, Lyse, Avinor, and Stavanger Municipality will provide challenges related to the two main topics for students.
Different centers at UiS “Future Energy Hub Center,” “UiS Smart City research network,” “Lyspæren,” and “InGenious” are gathered to make this great event happen.
• Start date: 01.10.2021/ Finish date: 03.10.2021
• Deadline for application: 31.08.2021
• Admission process: We have the capacity for 20 Students from ECIU, and it will be assessed based on first-come, first-served
• No ECTS but Certificate will be awarded
• Special requirement: No
• Additional information: The event is going to be held Hybrid. Due to the covid situation, the applicants should specify if they will join digital or on campus.
The best team gets an exciting prize!